Our company is a technology company that applies state-of-the-art machine learning techniques to real-world problems in finance. For more than a decade, we have led our industry and worked at the frontier of applying machine learning to investment management. We have become a multibillion dollar asset manager, and we have ambitious goals for the future.
Your colleagues will include internationally recognized experts in machine learning research as well as highly experienced technology and finance professionals. The people who shape our company come from other backgrounds, too, including concert music performance, humanitarian aid, opera singing, sports writing, and the submarine service. You will be part of a team that loves to succeed together.
In addition to our enriching and collegial working environment, we offer highly competitive compensation and benefits packages, technology talks by our experts, a beautiful modern office, daily catered lunches, and more.
As a Member of Research Staff, you will work directly with world-class machine learning scientists, statisticians, and technical innovators. You will be at the forefront of modern statistical machine learning innovation, applying novel research to large, high-dimensional data sets. This role is a means to make a difference: together with other Members of Research Staff, you will have an enduring impact on our field.
• Work on complex problems with a research team that has collectively published hundreds of academic articles in top-tier venues on machine learning, systems, and theory
• Apply expertise in a technical field such as statistics, mathematics, computer science, engineering, or operations research, to challenging problems in a burgeoning technical field
• Develop predictive models and other components of automated trading systems
• Engage in work ranging from data preparation to model development to production software implementation
• Background in modern statistical methods / machine learning
• Evidence of strong mathematical abilities (e.g., publication record, graduate coursework, or competition placement)
• Programming experience and interest in software development techniques
• Competence in solving large-scale computing problems
• Track record as an applied researcher
• Interest in financial applications is essential, but experience in finance is not a primary factor in our hiring
• Ph.D. degree (preferred)
Our company group is an Equal Opportunity employer. Applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, sex, gender, marital status, sexual orientation and identity, genetic information, veteran status, citizenship, or any other factors prohibited by local, state, or federal law.