Senior Software Engineer
Software engineers play a vital role in the success of our business and form a core part of the organization. We tend to look for talented generalists who are capable of working in areas that can include large scale distributed systems, high-performance trading platforms, complex applications, infrastructure, and tools. Successful candidates will have the flexibility and skills to contribute in one or more of the following domains:
Skills & Requirements
- Development and maintenance of large, complex software and hardware systems, including identification of bottlenecks and optimization of performance.
- Design and development of monitoring tools and interfaces that enable analysis of data from all aspects of our existing systems.
- Leadership of complex software projects and initiatives.
We seek highly-skilled engineers who can work effectively with others, have strong problem-solving skills, and pay attention to details. Our hierarchy is uncommonly flat and we have very few meetings, so a premium is placed on self-motivated people who can collaborate effectively and deliver great individual results.
- Large software systems: design, development, testing, and maintenance.
- Programming languages: extensive experience (e.g. with C, C++ and/or Java).
- High performance systems: experience developing multi-threaded or shared memory systems.
- User interfaces: including monitoring tools, graphical interfaces, web tools, and web development.
- Production systems: support of real-time operations and critical systems.
- Systems programming: systems-level programming and hacking operating systems (especially Linux).
- Scripting languages: such as shell scripts, perl, python, etc.
- Large data sets: programs to parse, process, and/or analyze.
For over two decades, the company’s team has built quantitative trading systems that have produced exceptional results across a range of financial markets. We use scientific methods and engineering discipline to solve challenging problems and develop technology solutions. Our Irvine office is as unique as our Southern California location, combining elements of high tech, finance, and applied research in a collegial atmosphere and beautiful workspace.
As an employer, we are small, discreet, and highly selective. We look for talented people with proven track records of performance and achievement, and are far more interested in aptitude and potential than expertise in any particular technology, tool set, or professional domain. If you're inspired by the idea of working on interesting problems with exceptional colleagues, we invite you to share your resume and explore the possibility of joining our team.