Agile Project Manager
We are seeking a highly skilled, team-oriented individual to be an Agile Project Manager/Scrum Master for high performance, cross-functional teams of experts. The successful candidate will be an energizing servant leader, possess strong inter-personal communication and facilitation skills, be detail-oriented, thorough and results-focused.
- Organize and conduct all Scrum meetings
- Flexible and willing to step up to take on things beyond a job description if need to
- Partner with Product Management to meet project objectives and achieve maximum project ROI
- Manage sprint planning and execution which includes the management of project progress and provide status & visibility
- Facilitate in release planning and scheduling by providing empirical Scrum team statistics, identifying project dependencies, and creating velocity forecasts
- Own the identification and management of cross-team dependencies
- Able to do post mortem and root cause analysis to help teams continuously improve their practices to ensure maximum productivity.
- Able to manage multiple teams with tight deadlines and dependencies
- Ensure high throughput of development teams by identifying potential issues and roadblocks and working on preventing or eliminating them
- Work with Product Management, Business Analyst, Architects, and UI designers to plan ahead and ensure product backlog is prioritized, groomed, and has sufficient detail, so that it is ready to be worked on by Scrum teams to avoid any downtime, ambiguity or rework
- Drive to build self-organized development teams and facilitate issue resolution within the team
- 2-5+ years in an Agile Project Manager/Scrum Master role
- Strong understanding with Software Development project life cycles
- Proven track record of being a strong team player with a results oriented attitude
- Familiar with concepts of service oriented architecture and infrastructure designs
- Familiar with different software development best practices (BDD, TDD, pair programming, etc.)
- Self-starter able to work well in new and undefined environments
- Strong skills in following up and following through with action items and dependencies
- Solid oral, written, and presentation as well as strong interpersonal skills are required.
- Outstanding organizational and time-management skills
- Experience working in a technology startup or a technical web product company is a plus
- Proactive mentality