Director, Software Engineering, Digital Marketing Platform
Digital Marketing empowers end-to-end marketing campaign management inclusive of population targeting and digital marketing campaign execution and measurement enabling managed services. The overarching goal is to deliver the right content, to the right person, at the right time.
- The Director, Digital Marketing will develop, deliver and support the Digital Marketing Platform. The objective for this role is to provide strong technical ownership, with an emphasis on engineering efficiency and on-time delivery.
- Manages the development of operational processes and procedures including processes for new market deployments, platform maturity and Cloud migration.
- The position candidate should have strong understanding of software development using Agile methodologies and have experience working with global and distributed teams and cloud native development. This position requires a thorough knowledge of developing scalable, resilient and high performance applications from the ground up, also able to take existing applications and make them cloud deployable.
- Requires a strong understanding of event streaming, data lineage and usage, data storage, modeling, ETL, and batch file processing.
- Hands on experience with Marketing technologies strongly preferred.
- Have you ever managed services that touch multiple products on a global scale?
- Do you have experience in developing products and services and partnering with cross-functional stakeholders globally?
All About You:
- Provide leadership and direction to software development teams in the development of Digital Payments solutions and is responsible for delivery of business objectives
- Ensure collaboration across distributed global development teams
- Ensure software designs align with company’s Enterprise Architecture and leverages our enterprise services.
- Ensure development teams use the appropriate corporate standard development methodologies and follow our technology standards, and that all projects and development are appropriately documented.
- Ensure that software and system design and delivery support the goal of zero down time in production.
- Define a key set of quality and performance metrics, especially in regards to data usability.
- Work closely with business partners on product definition, product roadmaps, business case development, and overall direction for the team.
- Ensure approved staffing levels are maintained, departmental and staff education, training and cross training needs are met. Helps identify and coach top talent
- Ensure that staff has skills and behaviors to perform tasks fully through effective communication of goals, objectives, performance and, as necessary, improvement plans.
- Ensure budgets are managed to investment targets, ensuring the team complies with all financial management processes.
- Respond to operational and business concerns or issues relative to future business programs, projects, or enhancements to ensure consistent delivery of quality services.
- Ensure development supports all appropriate data compliance and usage requirements, including PCI, GLBA, Safe Harbor, SOX, etc.
- Creates and sustains an environment of ingenuity and creativity and challenges the status quo to encourage innovation.
- Oversees the management of the Software Engineering function and acts as an authority on high-level and complex decisions within the function.
- Maintain application integrity and achieve operational excellence through fully automated using CI/CD pipelines.
- Define the necessary capabilities, prioritize delivery and write business requirements in order to deliver the Digital Marketing platform and on-going enhancements.
- Interface with technical developers to translate product requirements into technical specifications, ensuring mutual understanding and reducing time to market.
- Experience in leading teams in software development with a background in Marketing (Targeting & Personalization)
- Demonstrated leadership in taking accountability, acting with a sense of urgency, and delivering plans with passion, ambition and aptitude
- Proven ability to design / architect highly scalable applications/platforms
- Prior experience with Cloud Native Architecture and development
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Ability to influence and partner with teams outside of the engineering organization
- Proven track record of delivering large scale projects and willingness to roll up sleeves to get the job done
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Marketing experience desirable
- Successfully built and brought to market multiple enterprise grade applications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent.