What We Do
In our company, our Engineers don’t just make things – we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Who We Look For
Our Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
Consumer and Commercial Banking (CCBD) Consumer and Commercial Banking brings innovative solutions to traditional banking activities. We are a global team of lenders, investors, risk managers, skilled marketers, web experts and banking specialists. We provide a suite of solutions to help our customers meet their personal financial goals. We make direct investments in, and risk manage, a portfolio of corporate loans and securities. And we help transform distressed communities through investments and loans of private capital. Digital Finance Digital Finance, a business unit within CCBD, is comprised of the firm’s digitally-led consumer businesses, which include the Marcus deposits and lending businesses, as well as the personal financial management app, Clarity Money. Digital Finance combines the strength and heritage of a 148-year-old financial institution with the agility and entrepreneurial spirit of a tech start-up. Through the use of machine learning and intuitive design, we provide customers with powerful tools that are grounded in value, transparency and simplicity to help them make smarter decisions about their money.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Build the overall risk profile of the division and work with stakeholders to create a plan towards reducing risk exposure in an agile, collaborative, and well socialized manner
- Provide advice to business & technology users on (1) understanding of relevant Technology Risk policies and standards and (2) principles of security & controls as defined by the firm's Technology Risk and Control Framework, and (3) adoption of secure and resilient solutions
- Maintain a thorough understanding of global, regional and local regulatory requirements that have technology impact
- Perform risk assessments to identify gaps in compliance to information security (application and infrastructure) & BCP standards and policies, for both internal technology solutions as well as solutions provided by third-party service providers
- Contribute to global, regional and local Technology Risk initiatives aimed at improving our baseline on information protection, resiliency and controls of technology processes and services
- Provide clear and concise verbal and written recommendations and guidance to both business and technology staff on matters of Technology Risk Management
- Develop, maintain, and improve Technology Risk Program reflecting new emerging risks
- Promote and assist in the training & awareness of information security and BCP within the region
- 3+ years of technology experience in one or more of the following areas: Information Security, Technology Governance, Operational Risk, Technology Audit, Technology Infrastructure or Application Development
- Strong understanding of the technology implications of regulations
- Strong program and project management skills and technology expertise
- Ability to analyze internal and external processes and integration to understand risk
- Ability to assess and evaluate corporate risk tolerance and translate into goals and new processes including software engineering, IT teams, and other relevant stakeholders
- Understanding of relevant audit and control standards and the ability to drive and maintain the compliance initiative across the organization
- Experience collaborating with a team of security experts in a diverse set of security topics including, but not limited to, security architecture, financial controls and regulatory compliance, identity and access management, penetration testing, data loss prevention, network security, security monitoring, white box testing/static code analysis, and building secure systems
- Experience with risk management methodologies such as, but not limited to, FAIR
- 3+ years of experience in Information Security, BCP, Technology Controls or Technology Risk Management fields is a significant advantage
- Experience in Financial Services/Fintech