We are recruiting for a Director of Software Engineering to lead software engineering teams developing products and platforms that are revolutionizing digital payments. Our software engineering teams leverage Agile development principles, advanced development and design practices, and an obsession over security, reliability, and performance to deliver solutions that delight our customers.
- Are you passionate about software engineering?
- Are you fanatical about building large scale, distributed systems the right way?
- Do you want to help software engineers to build better quality software faster?
- Do you firmly believe that code talks, and just about anything else walks?
- Hands-on technical leader who brings considerable experience doing product development for backend, web and mobile applications, using a broad range of technologies.
- Collaborate with product and architecture teams to drive technical design and execution for the team.
- Identify and recruit top notch talent to build a world class software engineering team
- Owner of several major functional areas of our code.
- Direct multiple backend services and front-end product Scrum teams
- Collaborate across other teams to deliver results.
- Consistently raise standards, insisting on better and continuously improving.
- You are a hands-on, technical and people leader able to manage directly and through others.
- You have extensive experience in delivering consumer facing products backed by scalable & reliable services and components (preferably Java services deployed on the cloud).
- As a technically astute leader, your recognized subject matter expertise allows you regularly dive deep into everything your teams do.
- Your leadership style is based on building trust with your team, your peers, and your management.
- You are high-energy, detail-oriented, proactive and adaptive and can work in a dynamic environment.
- You possess strong communication skills - both verbal and written – and are able to get your point across efficiently to a wide range of audiences.
- You are obsessed with results, and effectively communicate objectives and how success will be measured to your teams and other stakeholders.
- You have strong decision-making skills, and you have a bias for action rather than drawn-out analysis because you understand that most decisions are not irreversible.
- You regularly lead retrospection, and continually improve as a result.
- You have strong collaborative and organizational skills and you value transparency over avoiding scrutiny.
- You understand how to guide a team member’s career including performance evaluation, coaching, and motivation.
- You are an experienced manager able to evaluate and coach team members.
- You are experienced in distributed system design and implementation, and have a good understanding of how high-performance, high-reliability, large-scale distributed systems are built and operated.
- You have expert level knowledge of software development processes, and you practice Agile at an advanced level.
- You are an experienced user of one or more Application Lifecycle Management tools (e.g., Rally, Jira).
- You have a basic understanding of finance, and you are able to read and understand a business case.