Systems Software Engineer
Skills & Requirements:
We seek highly skilled engineers who can work effectively with others, have strong problem-solving skills, and pay attention to details. Our hierarchy is uncommonly flat and we have few meetings, so a premium is placed on self-motivated people who can collaborate effectively and deliver great individual results. Specific skills and experience will include a combination of the following:
- Expertise building low-level systems or components that require a relentless focus on quality and reliability (such as kernels, operating systems, file systems, hypervisors, VMMs, large scale distributed systems, core database platforms, or similar).
- Large software systems design, development, testing, and maintenance.
- Programming languages: C/C++ on Linux
- Experience developing multi-threaded or shared memory systems.
- Development and support of real-time operations and critical production systems.
- Systems programming: systems-level programming and hacking operating systems (especially Linux).
- BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a comparable technical discipline