View all jobs
Data Center Engineer - Mechanical EngineerIrvine, California
Data Center Engineer - Mechanical Engineer
Technical / Engineering
- Hands-on ability to operate the infrastructure of a modern data center, including cooling, power, security systems, maintenance operations, and building management systems.
- Working Knowledge of:
- Direct Expansion and Centrifugal Refrigeration Systems
- Motor Controls and Variable Frequency Drives
- Chemical Water Treatment and Reverse Osmosis
- Digital Control Systems (ALC)
- Fire Detection and Protection Systems
- Electrical Power Distribution
- Uninterruptible Power Systems (UPS)
- Diesel Engine Emergency Power Plants
- Ability to perform and deeply understand all common cooling calculations and basic power calculations on single and 3-phase circuits.
- Supervisory and management skills such as:
- Experience managing contractors, maintenance contracts, and other vendor activities
- Experience working with maintenance management systems, especially in a data center context
- Experience developing SOPs, work plans, maintenance manuals, or other operational documentation
- Excellent analytical, trouble-shooting and diagnostic skills.
- Ability to read, interpret and produce engineering documents such as P&IDs and Sequence of Operations documents.
- Degree in a quantitative field such as engineering or science is preferred
- Additional desirable skills or experience:
- Installing and managing large and/or dense computer systems, including an understanding of the special cooling needs of large computer systems.
- Commissioning, qualification and change control activities related to BMS including but not limited to HVAC, chiller plants, domestic and process water systems, building automation systems, etc.
- Programming of BMS systems
- Experience with diesel-power motor-generator systems
- Experience with UPS systems
- Installing and operating networks, including switches, routers, TCP/IP, and cabling systems.
- Licenses, certifications, or hands-on skills in electrical systems, control systems, HVAC, and related fields
- Experience in the design of data center infrastructure such as cooling piping, control systems, ventilation systems, plumbing, and related mechanical or electrical systems.
- Experience with purchasing systems and processes