We are seeking a Head of Developer Evangelists to join us on our mission of inspiring, enabling and empowering everyone to learn.
Our Developer Evangelism group will inspire our growing developer community to engage with our platform technologies. We write blogs and online learning content, deliver webinars and in-person presentations to spread the knowledge of our internal low code development platform.
We are looking for a Head of Developer Evangelist who has worked with a variety of technologies and is passionate about low code development Platforms. This person should be eager to dive deep into our low code, cloud development platform and help grow and train our developer community in multiple locations around the world. They should enjoy speaking to large audiences of experienced developers, delight in communicating complicated topics in innovative and easy to understand ways and revel in getting to know our diverse global community of enthusiastic technical professionals.
We’re looking for a leader to drive the acquisition and engagement funnel among developers at scale through best-in-class use cases, documentation, examples, training content and developer community. As the voice of our platform the ideal candidate will build and evangelize the vision of growing citizen developers across the organization, our clients and our partners.
The ideal candidate will be someone who has led or built developer evangelist roles previously and worked across the organization to create and lead overall evangelism strategies.
Evangelise the benefits and advantages of using our Development Platform across the developer community by highlighting the benefits of the platform and owning the conversations with the developer community. Engage with the developer community and showcase their work at conferences to drive developer engagement and developer excitement.
Ensure the right level of investment is made to support the developer community to ensure their needs are met and they have a forum or mechanism via which they can access examples, training content, design templates, best practises, developer forums and have access to round the clock developer support.
Work with potential integration partners in line with the platform’s mission of making integrations seamless and painless. Work with partners to build out core integration capabilities and joint engineering/product plans.
Participate in strategic roadmap conversation with the product, engineering, infrastructure leaders to ensure your stakeholders interests are taken into account. Influence strategic direction of the product roadmap based on end consumer feedback.
Use your domain knowledge and product knowledge to curate and build content that can assist and help developers in their adoption of the platform.
As the leader of the Dev Evangelist group (which will be global in nature), you will have to build a global organization and map out career paths for the associates in your organization. Mentor junior leaders to help them incorporate best management, customer support and evangelism practices.
Competitive analysis and market intelligence:
Establish an understanding of key competitors in the space and have a proper understanding of the key differentiators of the product. Articulate these differentiators and communicate it across your organization, your customers and the developer community. Use this knowledge to influence the product strategy and product roadmap using data to drive the decisions.
Requirements and Skills
- Degree in Computer Science or BA/BS with equivalent experience. MBA preferred but not required.
- Deep understanding of developer needs and priorities
- Work experience as a software developer, architect, technology evangelist, consultant, or product manager for relevant data platform technologies Industry / technology
- Expertise is required in several of the following areas: Performance engineering, data integration, experience architecting enterprise applications, including database, logic, & user interface
- Management understanding of both open source and commercial software development practices, methodologies, and tools
- Excellent presentation, demonstration, and interpersonal communication skills; experienced speaker at industry-level events
- Deep analytical skills enabling comprehension and development of complex business and technical issues, topics and plans
- Methodical and organized; able to manage multiple opportunities, projects and priorities concurrently
- Talented at explaining complex topics clearly and concisely, and effective at providing practical guidance
- Ability to write strong, effective technical content (white papers, technical briefs, test reports, etc.) for external audiences with a balance of technical accuracy, strategy, and clear messaging
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 20%.
- Knowledge of HCM / Payroll domain beneficial but not required.