We are seeking a full-stack developer, who will wear many hats. Some key challenges will include: Coding complex algorithms for fast, reliable execution
• Structuring queries against large, heterogeneous datasets
• Evaluating and instilling best practices into the development process, including automated testing,code organization and style, and application architecture within an agile development environment
• Evaluating potential new technologies
• Understanding and deploying technologies to ensure operational redundancy and security
The Successful Candidate
A successful candidate will have at least several years of professional development experience, and be comfortable in a fluid, entrepreneurial environment. He or she will likely have many of the following characteristics:
• Server, network, and hosting environment expertise•Understanding what can break and why, taking no resource for granted.
• Appropriate use of the file system, cloud storage, network resources, and an understanding of data redundancy and availability
• Understanding application scaling given hardware constraints
• Data modeling expertise•Building the data model as the foundation of an efficient stack that doesn’t require excessive logiclayer complexity as the application grows
• Creating a thoughtfully normalized relational model, complete with foreign keys, indexes, views,lookup tables, etc.
• Using various relational and NoSQL databases as appropriate•Expertise integrating complex business logic into production applications•Understanding the economic value the application provides and relating this to trade-offs in designingthe logic layer•Very strong object-oriented skills•Using frameworks extensively without excessive indirection•Polyglot approach to development languages•Interface expertise•Writing clear, consistent, simple-to-use interfaces.
• Teaming with designers in an iterative process
• Understanding of repeatable automated processes for building the application, testing it, documentingit, and deploying it at scale.
• Integrating security everywhere, as each layer presents its own possible vulnerabilities
Very strong CS degree from leading program is a big plus
Extremely high SAT or similar standardized test scores would be a good plus Quantitative Systems