We require talented software engineers to help grow the quantitative research initiatives within our equities business.
Data is the foundation of quantitative research. This team is responsible for the on-boarding, curation, distribution, and management of data used as key inputs into research, signal generation, and portfolio construction processes. Providing fast, reliable APIs and client libraries for consistent data access is crucial to providing the business with the data required for their research and investment initiatives.
You will have the opportunity to collaborate directly with our quantitative research teams and other technology teams across the business in order to deliver software solutions that meet critical business objectives and goals.
Skills / Experience
- Work directly with quantitative research teams to ingest and evaluate new datasets for alpha generation and other quantitative models
- Build industry-leading data models, APIs and standards for storing and accessing data plus associated metadata to support ongoing quantitative research and live trading
- Build automated ETL pipelines to support rapid but controlled transition from research to live trading
- Build automated monitoring/alerting infrastructure to ensure ongoing data quality
- Manage projects through the end-to-end software development life cycle
- Respond to and investigate data issues raised by research teams or in production
Background / Education
- 2+ years of professional software development experience with an object-oriented language (Preferably Python with exposure to Pandas and Flask)
- Proven track record of delivering well written, reliable, supportable, and extensible code on-time to production
- Experience architecting and tuning SQL database solutions (ideally Microsoft SQL Server)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to self-manage and multi-task in a demanding, changing, and fast-paced environment
- Proactive and inquisitive nature; excited to collaborate, learn, and grow
- Undergraduate/postgraduate qualification in computer science/engineering from a leading university