Risk Analysts analyze, understand, and interpret the risks being taken across the firm. Risk Analysts work closely with Risk Managers and Portfolio Managers to identify key risk exposures and performance drivers, define and monitor risk guidelines and develop quantitative analytics for risk estimation and management. The role primarily focuses on Equities.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Design risk reports to effectively monitor risk and assist with portfolio construction
- Monitor risk exposures against guidelines and proactively engage with the business to avoid and resolve any possible exceedances
- Analyze the information on risk reports in order to effectively communicate with recipients of the reports, respond to questions and conduct risk investigation
- Contribute to the development of risk framework and guidelines
- Perform ad-hoc analyses on risk exposures including scenario analysis, VaR and correlation analysis
- Track the various strategies profitability and dynamics. Perform PnL attribution
- Respond to inquiries from Risk Managers and Portfolio Managers as well as various Citadel constituents including Investor Relations, Legal & Compliance, Portfolio Committee members
- 5 to 8 years in Risk management, modeling or QR. Trading experience with quantitative approach would also be considered
- Strong understanding of risk and statistics, VAR, stress tests, tail exposure, factor risk models
- Proficiency with databases, SQL and programming (Python, R)
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills
- Exceptional attention to detail. (Must be patient and thoughtful when creating and reviewing work.)
- Thoughtful, precise, clear and accurate written and oral communication skills
- Clear ability to build relationships within the PCG team and with other teams in the firm, e.g. trading desk.
- Efficient time management skills. Ability to manage multiple tasks and thrive in a fast-paced team environment.
This person will add value by working on a number of simultaneous tasks with minimal supervision and exemplary follow-through. The successful candidate will be a mature self-starter who has demonstrated the ability to function independently in a fast- paced, dynamic and demanding environment. This person needs to be able to resolve conflict within a short period of time. This person will be intellectually curious, intuitive, and trustworthy and be able to add efficiency and value to the process and analysis through the use of programming skills and innovative thinking. In addition, he/she will be effective addressing a number of internal and external audiences in a professional manner.