Our team is responsible for systems that ensure critical trade data from external counterparties are loaded and reconciled against our books and records. RnC systems perform automated matching based on rule sets and generates exception reports for review by Reconciliation & Control business users. This team requires high-touch service with business users to ensure breaks are resolved so that our systems reflect the positions & cash accurately.
The candidate will need to:
- Provide first level support for operations professionals to quickly identify and resolve issues as they arise and ensure continuity of the business. Troubleshoot issues and discrepancies with the appropriate individuals, teams, or external partners
- Ensure the reliability, availability, and performance of production applications
- Provide day to day support for multiple applications, services, and infrastructure globally
- Assist with major incidents from identification and troubleshooting through service restoration
- Work closely with operations staff to gather business requirements and liaise with various IT teams to ensure delivery of functionality.
- Assist in the deployment, checkout, and QA testing of applications. Also involved in the training of applications as appropriate.
- Participate in global coverage of system support & intraday health checks.
- 3-5 years of relevant working experience; 2-3 years exposure to financial services / capital markets; experience with Reconciliation & Control business processes a strong plus
- Strong understanding of IT infrastructure (Linux, relational databases, web technologies, etc.)
- Experience with scripting including Python, Perl, shell scripts
- Experience in C++
- Experience with SSAS / data analysis a plus
- Ability to work in a global environment with team members located in various regions
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to forge close working relationships with both business and technology team members.
- The individual must demonstrate impeccable organizational skills and the ability to juggle multiple streams of work simultaneously.
- Experience dealing with operations or other non technical users, demonstrable ability to also coordinate and work with application & infrastructure technology teams
- The candidate must be able take ownership of problems, work to determine the solutions and follow through on the resolution; high level of personal integrity and strong work ethic.
: Undergraduate Degree in Computer Science, related engineering or science curriculum