Our team of more than 500 investment professionals deploy capital across all major asset classes, in all major financial markets, including Chicago, New York, San Francisco, London, Hong Kong, and Shanghai.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide first and second level support for Front Office staff (Traders, Investment Professionals) to quickly identify and resolve issues as they arise and ensure continuity of the business.
- Work closely with Front Office Traders and investment professionals to gather business requirements and liaise with various IT teams to ensure delivery of functionality.
- Work in all aspects of user/strategy application support for our Equity Team primarily in Chicago.
- Assist in the deployment, checkout, and QA testing of applications. Also involved in the training and marketing of applications as appropriate.
- Participate in global coverage of system support & SOD/intraday health checks.
- Work with senior business leads in New York/Chicago to align and coordinate initiatives with Chicago/NY accordingly and vice versa.
- Work closely with the back office teams to remedy issues related to security setups, trade booking, corporate actions, price breaks, and book keeping entries.
- Knowledge of trading or risk systems
- Financial industry background
- Experience with Unix, Linux
- Experience with databases such as Sybase or SQL
- Knowledge of KDB a plus
- Proficiency in shell scripting language
- Knowledge of FIX protocol
- Understanding of trading workflows
- Ability to communicate with technical and non-technical colleagues alike
- Proficient communication skills (written & verbal)
- Minimum 3 years work experience
- Passion for solving investment business problems through the use of technology and fundamentals
- Strong critical reasoning skills
- Detail-oriented approach to solving problems
- Enthusiasm for learning & results oriented
- Proficient context switcher in fast paced, mission critical environment
- Strong work ethic & high degree of integrity
- Self starter that demonstrates a strong sense of ownership, execution, and ability to work and deliver results with minimal supervision
Bachelors Degree in engineering or computer science or related field of study.