Electronic Trading Technology Team is responsible for developing critical trading infrastructure for a variety of our businesses with focus on performance, stability, and automation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Key job responsibilities include:
- Responsible for driving various projects under the Quantitative Strategies Technology group
- Responsible for designing and executing strategy to drive trading, research, and operational initiatives forward.
- Responsible for collaboration with trading desks, business managers, Support, DevOps, and Technology development teams.
- Knowledge of financial products, trading and order management systems.
- Some experience leading large scale projects or product deployments
- Experience in working with development teams, ability to understand technical/development items.
- Contribute to entire life-cycle of the project/product (analysis/design/testing/rollout/post-rollout)
- Exposure to working with SQL, Unix/Linux, Python, R, Tableau etc.
- Analytical mindset with an ability to analyse complex-problems and determine a direction forward
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Results oriented, self-starter and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work with uncertainty, ask a lot of questions and clarify scope of projects
- Server-side scripting experience on Linux using shell scripts, python, and SQL/KDB.
- Understanding of financial markets and protocols.
- Prior experience in C++, Java, Python development.
* Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter who has demonstrated the ability to function independently in a fast-paced, dynamic, and demanding trading environment. This person will be intellectually curious, intuitive, rigorous, trustworthy, and have the highest ethical standards. In addition, (s)he will be effective addressing a number of internal and external audiences in a professional manner. This person will add value by working on a number of simultaneous projects with minimal supervision and exemplary follow-through.