Our team is uniquely positioned at the intersection of research, development, and trading. The team works closely with senior technology and business leaders to orchestrate the firm’s technology strategy and drive execution across our teams. The strategic guidance, product management, and quantitative analyses the COO team provides are key inputs in the company’s pursuit of continued excellence.
The Strategy & Operations Manager will work closely with a variety of stakeholders including experts in the fields of algorithmic trading, high-performance computing, and quantitative research, as well as C-level executives across the organization. Projects will range from strategic evaluation of new technologies, to managing high-priority development projects, to business management. In addition, work may span into other areas of the company;s Enterprise, providing a broad overview of all business lines and functions. Key responsibilities include:
- Collaborating with senior technology leaders to create and execute strategic roadmaps
- Analyzing our technology and trading operations to derive actionable insights and improve the robustness and effectiveness of our systems and processes
- Identify and create new processes and procedures in “greenfield” areas
- Drive multi-million dollar negotiations with external vendors
- Conduct financial analysis and reporting on the QST organization
- Manage critical projects, working closely with developers to deliver value to the business
The ideal candidate will be an analytic and data-driven individual with distinctive ability to quickly pickup new concepts, and dynamically adjust communication styles to a variety of audiences. They must have the ability to independently take apart complex business issues, perform research and analyses independently, synthesize conclusions into senior management-level presentations, lead implementation of these strategies within a business, and collaborate with senior business leaders across the firm. An ability to learn quickly both through active engagement with colleagues and independent research will greatly increase a candidate’s likelihood of success. While a technology background is not required, a passion for technology is a must.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or higher from an elite institution
Professional Experience: 3-5 years consulting / investment banking is preferred