Web and Application Developer
Data / Database
Our technical environment is large and highly complex, and the range of potential projects is quite large, so we’re looking for a fast-learner with a thoughtful approach to identifying the greatest opportunities for impact and improvement. Our apps are internally-facing, so functionality and correctness are more important than pixel-perfect aesthetics.
The ideal candidate will bring a strong programming background and a combination of curiosity, creativity, and patience, as well as a proven ability to drive projects from conception through to a finished product.
To be a successful candidate, you will have an ability to work independently, set priorities, collaborate with peers, exercise good judgement, and ship quality code quickly. You will also have experience in a number of the following general areas:
- Web Development: building web pages, tools, or applications designed for use by internal or external customers.
- Front-end development: building user-friendly interfaces for tools and applications
- Data visualization: experience creating effective visualizations for complex tools and data sets
- Databases: experience working with relational databases such as Oracle, SQL Server, PostgreSQL, or similar.
- Collaboration: working across teams and functional areas to define needs, identify opportunities, and make sure projects move forward.