The financial markets are constantly evolving and expanding. In this dynamic environment, Our firm uses leading-edge technology, fundamental research, and predictive analytics to generate and monetize insights about the future.
Our SRE’s partner with our traders, quantitative researchers, and quantitative developers in an integrated fashion.
The role of this SRE within the GQS Trading Systems team is to drive the transformation of our operational & development environments to a best-in-class platform. You will work closely with global traders, developers and quantitative researchers. Key responsibilities will be:
- Implementing best practices to improve reliability, institute performance improvements, and improve the software development process, including the buildout of testing environments, of our current and future trading architecture. This includes engineering solutions for ensuring the reliability of the platform, including mandating a BCP strategy and following sound DevOps practices.
- Identify and develop tools for automation
- Partner with the development team to institute rigorous testing and release procedures by providing and maintaining testing environment.
- Familiar with Linux and automation tools
- Command line Linux experience, ie Bash and Python scripting
- Prior Trading Systems Support experience is a plus
- Any experience of trading systems ie FIX protocol / Mktdata / multicast etc is a plus
- Use of Devops tools eg ansible is a plus
- Web GUI experience is a plus
- 2+ years’ experience in system analysis and programming. Python preferred. C++, C# and Unix scripting is a plus
- SQL and data manipulation experience
- Demonstrated interpersonal, organizational and communication skills required
- Ability to be adaptive
- Passion for solving investment business problems through the use of technology
- Strong critical reasoning skills
- Strong attention to detail in problem solving
- Enthusiasm for learning & results oriented
- Strong work ethic & high degree of integrity
- Self-starter that demonstrates a strong sense of ownership, execution, and ability to deliver results with minimal supervision
Bachelor’s Degree in a quantitative field such as engineering, science, computer science, or mathematics