We’re a global business strategy, design and technology consulting company specializing in capital markets. We provide innovation on demand, helping our clients realize rapid transformational change. We engineer the most forward- thinking systems in the industry for all kinds of financial services players, from small startups to large banks, from hedge funds to asset managers, assisting those companies with their most key strategic business programs and technology investments.
We partner with our clients and leverage the myriad of platforms available to design and build the most effective solutions. With experts and community leaders in our various practices we work with a host of technologies: Node.js, React.js, Angular.js, Java 8+, Functional programming, Python, Cloud Computing (e.g. AWS), Containerization (e.g. Docker), NoSQL, Microservices, DevOps, Big Data, Machine Learning, Block Chain
We’re looking for a seasoned engineer to help lead our New York engineering practice. As a consultancy focused on innovation, we build applications that push the envelope in the latest trends in technology and design, all the while making sure that we deliver on time and within budget. Our teams work on a range of client projects, from short-term point solutions with high business value, to longer-term next-generation financial systems or platforms that transform our client’s businesses.
The new leader will have an opportunity to participate in all aspects of an elite professional services firm – including selling and shaping projects for new clients, building and developing teams, creating new designs and writing code, managing complex engagements, and growing talent for the future.
The successful candidate will have solid, hands-on experience building technology systems, operating within and throughout the project lifecycle, and will be focused on successful project delivery. Getting the work accomplished by effectively managing project teams and knowing how to interact with clients, especially in Finance, Solutions Consulting or start-up environments, is key.
The successful candidate will be passionate about technology and innovation – following the latest trending technologies in the industry and actively engaging in industry events,
meet-ups, and so on. Recognizing that the technology landscape changes every few years, this person stays abreast and retools continuously.
- Act as a mentor, manager, architect and hands-on engineer to support work across the LabEngineering Practice; from small initiatives all the way up to the design and build of complex systems.
- Lead and participate in projects directly, serving as a role model for project teams and working with all other practices to ensure successful projects.
- Manage engineers and stakeholders to ensure appropriate progress and results; must be commercial in approach.
- Develop strong relationships with clients as a strategic partner and technical advisor, helping us to expand our footprint and secure follow-on work.
- Partner with and support the business development team to create and deliver compelling pitches that help define the problem, captivate the client, present a solution, and work out the engagement (scope, structure, deliverables) terms.
- Build and reinforce your professional network through active engagement in industry events, public speaking opportunities, etc.
- Provide thought leadership for the LabEngineering Practice and actively encourage learning and development within the New York engineering team.
- Help drive the ongoing effort to find, attract, interview, and hire top software engineering talent.
- Help develop effective management skills and practices among line managers in the Engineering practice, including fostering strategic career planning and development for the engineering team as a whole.
- 7+ years of hands-on experience designing and building complex, commercial-grade, software applications, and 5+ years leading and managing teams.
- Recent experience in server-side software development preferably in the Java ecosystem.
- Experience with one or more cloud platforms, and a working understanding of contemporary SDLC practices such as continuous delivery.
- Proven track record in effective leadership, problem-solving, and decision-making.
- Strong understanding of the value of testing, quality, continuous integration, source control, and code reviews.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Experience in capital markets, financial markets/products, consulting is highly desirable.
- Broader experience in additional programming languages and environments, such as .NET, C++, Python and others, is also highly desirable.