We are seeking a Backend Engineer to join a stellar team responsible for building the backbone of our smart access system. You will design highly reliable systems within our distributed environment, maintain and refine the backend systems that power our platform, and continuously improve our engineering practices. You will work within cross-functional feature teams and collaborate closely with mobile engineers, firmware engineers, product managers, and operations.
Smart access isn't about locking doors, it's about opening up new possibilities. We are the world's first fully integrated hardware and software system dedicated to bringing seamless access to every door in a modern building. We're looking for the curious and the creative to join our team and help us continue to change the way we access our most valued spaces.
- Collaborate with product and engineering teams to conceive and build new features
- Develop and deploy Java services to support rapidly growing functionality and usage
- Architect scalable and reliable infrastructure in the cloud
- Help improve the code quality through writing unit tests, automation and performing code reviews
- Dive into difficult problems and successfully deliver results on schedule
- Work with client-facing teams to debug production issues quickly and effectively
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field from an accredited university
- 3-5+ years of professional software development experience
- Proficiency with Java, experience with Play Framework preferred
- Experience with at least one cloud provider, AWS preferred
- Strong understanding of Computer Science fundamentals