View all jobs
Cloud Platform Engineer (CHI)Chicago, IL
If you aspire to:
If you’ve got an interest in:
- Deepening your knowledge of containers, virtual machines, and bare metal servers
- Expanding your coding skills beyond basic application development
- Working closely with seasoned Storage professionals to solve real business problems
- Learning the operational and engineering side of storage management
- Working in a dynamic, challenging environment
If you’ve proven you have:
- Orchestration of containers, VMs, and bare metal servers
- Cloud layer provisioning, code promotion, and management of compute, storage, and network services
- A whatever it takes attitude
- Good communication skills
- A solid understanding of programming concepts and coding experience
- Solid Linux skills
- A general knowledge of cloud compute and storage concepts
- Experience with languages such as go, python, and shell scripting
- The ability to handle multiple critical tasks
- Active member of experienced engineering team, focused on cloud services offering to other teams within the company and it's afilliates.
- Work independently as well as part of a team, with global customers and strong uptime requirements.
- Establish, maintain and evolve concepts in continuous integration and deployment (CI/CD) pipelines for existing and new services.
- Write clean, stable and safe code in short time frames and frequent increments.
- Collaborate with Engineering and Operations teams to improve the automation of workflows, infrastructure, code testing, and deployment.
- Act as lead engineer, working with customer teams, to migrate their Apps to use the cloud platform.
- Work closely with App teams to responsibly lay out technical, operational, and dependencies for clean migration
- Assess schedules and own the overall migration timetable