Our Site Reliability Engineers (SRE) work to bring the practices of SRE to the financial trading field, bringing innovation and cutting edge technology to reduce complexity and improve performance. SRE’s are responsible for taking applications to production, providing early support for applications in development, and ensuring crisp application function throughout its lifetime. SRE’s will have a deep understanding of how applications function and are able to change applications for production quality.
This role will primarily involve working with a cohesive team of engineers, developers, and trade support teams to build world class systems and the necessary tools to maintain and constantly improve. The position calls for someone with a mind to innovate, automate, and constantly use measurements and statistics to improve. Members of the team have backgrounds in a range of areas including: software development, networking, UNIX internals and large-scale systems administration.
- Ensure the reliability, availability, and performance of applications
- Own the automation of repetitive tasks and resolution of systematic issues
- Identify and deliver engineering solutions for issues based on root cause analysis
- Own incident management and resolution
- Lead by evangelizing the SRE mindset to other teams
- Provide support and ensure applications are production ready
- Strong background in computer science fundamentals, data structures, algorithms, distributed systems
- Fully proficient in at least one modern structured programming language
- Comfortable with a range of current software development tools and practices (testing, source control, build systems, CI/CD etc)
- A basic working understanding of TCP/IP networking, LAN and WAN as well as Linux networking
- SQL and database experience a strong plus.
- Some experience with building and managing highly reliable large scale systems a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit
- A passion for learning, adapting to changing requirements and technology and inventing new approaches to hard problems
Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science or an allied field.