Trading Technology Production Engineers
Chi/NY/London (multiple openings)
We are an award-winning global market maker that helps meet the liquidity needs of asset managers, banks, broker-dealers, hedge funds, government agencies, and public pension programs. We offer a broad array of fixed income and equity products, utilizing a unique set of capabilities and tools designed to drive down the cost of transactions. We strive to provide the most efficient execution and highest caliber of client services, making markets more fair and accessible for all.
We are looking for Trading Technology Production Engineers to further strengthen our technical operations. The successful candidate will be working very closely with our trading, quantitative, business, and software engineering teams. If you are excited about trading environments and their relationship with and usage of cutting-edge technology, aspire to be an integral part of the largest market making and trading teams in the world, and work closely with quantitative researchers and traders, this position could be a fit for you. You will provide technical expertise to support and enhance core trading applications.
Our team works in a fast-paced and dynamic environment with turnaround times measured in hours. You will see the immediate results of your work. We all enjoy taking initiative and are self-starters with a demonstrable ability to analyze complex business/technical problems and make sound technical decisions.
- Manage the configuration of multiple production silos, covering multiple asset classes
- Improve uptime, capacity, and performance of trading systems
- Diagnose and resolve critical production issues, managing incident tracking, analysis and reporting
- Work with development and QA teams in regression testing functionality and stress testing application servers
- Build automation and processes that reduce the impact of mistakes and eliminate recurring incidents
- Revise software designs to mitigate failures in other parts of the stack
- Contribute to service quality by participating in product development from idea and inception
- Manage critical and direct communication lines with traders, business managers, and development leads on all aspects of projects
- Significant experience in UNIX/Linux, Networking, a high-level scripting or programing language such as Perl, Python or Ruby, Sybase, utilizing databases and SQL manipulation
- An understanding of building and managing large-scale systems and application architectures
- Proven experience in application support and administration
- Exposure to CI/CD and SDLC
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of trading systems and applications, including OMS and FIX engines
- Experience with software analysis, leading to bug fixing, development, code enhancement
- Experience with testing methodologies and test tools
- Prior trade desk experience