Trading Technology Production Manager – for Options/ ETF
Chi/NY/London (multiple openings)
We are an award-winning global market maker that helps meet the liquidity needs of asset managers, banks, broker-dealers, hedge funds, government agencies, and public pension programs. We offer a broad array of fixed income and equity products, utilizing a unique set of capabilities and tools designed to drive down the cost of transactions. We strive to provide the most efficient execution and highest caliber of client services, making markets more fair and accessible for all.
We are looking for a trading technology production manager who will be responsible for the daily operation of our trading systems. In this hands-on management role, you will lead a team of support engineers who deploy, configure, and monitor our production systems, diagnose and solve issues, and optimize our systems for growth and efficiency. You will cultivate a customer-centric culture, where support engineers collaborate with traders and developers to understand business requirements and solve problems while continuously improving our systems and managing risk.
You will work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. You will leverage your exceptional ability to understand and troubleshoot complex business and technical problems and make sound technical decisions.
The ideal candidate is a leader with financial industry experience who has built passionate and customer-focused teams, has the demonstrated ability to drive issue resolution under pressure, and has a history of advocating for and delivering continuous improvement.
- Manage a team of 4-6 support engineers, with focus on team culture and developing top talent
- Ensure efficient day-to-day management and operation of our production environment, including opening and closing activities, monitoring, operational support for traders, issue response
- Lead teams in investigation, response, and resolution of critical production issues
- Serve as gatekeeper to production for new releases and applications, exercising judgment to assure appropriate controls
- Drive initiatives to improve uptime, capacity, and performance of trading systems, leveraging automation, modern tooling, and best practices
- Manage production infrastructure, including hardware, networking, databases, and other platforms
- Establish expectations and metrics for levels of service and ensure support for your team to meet expectations
- Active contributor to the product development process, collaborating with research, trading, and development leaders to ensure we are building software that is designed for efficient deployment, use, and management in our production trading environment.
- 8 + years of experience in support roles accountable for uptime and performance of complex production systems with evidence of increasing responsibilities over time
- 2 + years managing direct reports
- Prior financial industry/trade desk experience
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional organizational skills, with the ability to track multiple projects and context-switch between them
- Significant experience in UNIX/Linux, Networking, a high-level scripting or programing language such as Perl, Python or Ruby, Sybase, utilizing databases and SQL manipulation
- Extensive experience in application support and administration
- Experience building and managing large-scale systems and application architectures
- Demonstrated experience with SDLC