The DevOps team a multi-disciplinary team responsible for adapting, testing and building world-class tools, practices and systems used across Goldman Sachs. Partnering with colleagues within Technology, DevOps solves critical problems, industrializes essential systems via automation, provides training and internal consultancy on SDLC and technical risk topics, and safeguards the firm's culture of high-caliber software engineering. Your work will allow our engineers to develop products faster, with higher quality, and improved performance.
How will you fulfill your potential?
- We are looking for candidates that are not only able to collaborate and contribute back to automation tools and infrastructure that is in place, but who can also innovate and help build new features in the current tools or design and build new and improved automation tools.
- We are looking for candidates who can champion DevOps principles and practices company-wide
- We are looking for candidates with outstanding verbal and written communications, a natural ability to learn in a fast-paced environment, and will be a self-starter with plenty of initiative.
- We are looking for candidates who are comfortable managing multiple stakeholders, driving consensus and influencing outcomes
- Strong knowledge of unix systems is a plus, as is a willingness to learn new languages and programming paradigms (functional programming for example) as required.
- Degree in computer science or engineering, or related discipline or the equivalent in demonstrable work experience
- Programming expertise in one of the following languages: Python, Perl, Shell Scripting, PowerShell (knowledge of Java, C, C++ is a strong plus)
- Prior experience as a technical lead for a development or DevOps team.
- 6+ years’ prior experience with Systems Administration, DevOps, Reliability Engineering, Application Programming
- Hands on experience with developer’s productivity/ build/configuration tools (such as Git, BitBucket, Jenkins, TeamCity, SVN, CVS) and at least one automation framework tool (eg. Chef, Puppet, etc)
- Excellent communication skills - both verbally and in writing to effectively interact with multiple people and teams
- Proven track record to execute multiple small projects (individual contributor role) or a mid-sized project (oversighting additional resources)
- Prior experience with storage and networking stacks
- Experience troubleshooting and managing system interruption events.
- Experienced with complex application and/or infrastructure topologies (cloud computing, containerization, Infrastructure-as-Code)
- Proven experience with all stages (inception, analysis, design, implementation, runtime, maintenance) in the lifecycle of large distributed systems
- Experienced with managing performance, high availability and scale for mid to large sized systems.
- Experienced with software development on Windows and Linux
- Experienced with open source automation / configuration tools, automation build script creation
- Exceptional analytical skills with a strong desire to learn
- Works effectively and thrives in a global team organization while able to operate independently and self-motivate
- Knowledge on Software Development Lifecycles and methodologies, Release Management Process & Products are added advantage