Data Quality Analyst
Data is a critical part of our business and influences every aspect of the work that we do. To help our team gain deeper insights and unlock hidden value within our data, we are searching for a talented analyst with a passion for solving challenging, open-ended problems and discovering subtle, intricate details.
The volume and breadth of available data has exploded in recent years, making the role fast-paced, dynamic and imperative to our success. Our analysts work closely with quantitative researchers and data engineers to incorporate data insights into our strategies. Analysts are expected to analyze large datasets for quality, consistency and potential value by writing simple code and utilizing visualization tools. Additionally, we rely on analysts’ judgment to confirm the accuracy and utility of data by cross-referencing information across a variety of independent sources. Successful candidates will demonstrate a methodical and rigorous approach as well as a creative and flexible mindset. The following attributes and skill-sets are desirable:
- Intellectual Curiosity - Enjoy tackling challenging problems and developing and honing the necessary skills to do so.
- Attention to Detail - Demonstrate a problem-solving approach which entails detecting subtle changes which are exhaustively explored until the root cause is determined and nuances are understood.
- Programming - SQL and Python proficiency are desirable. An excellent candidate would have demonstrated experience in this area.
- Visualization - Tableau (or similar) proficiency is desirable. At the very least, candidates must demonstrate an aptitude and desire to learn.
- Vendor Interaction - Ability to work with external entities to solve problems and understand data.
- Communication - Effectively communicate ideas and conclusions from analysis through written communication and in group presentations.
If you are inspired by the idea of working with talented colleagues to solve intellectually complex problems, we invite you to share your resume and explore the possibility of joining our team.
As pioneers in the field of quantitative investing, we have an experienced team with broad expertise in quantitative methods. For over three decades the team has built quantitative trading systems that have produced exceptional results across a range of financial markets. We use scientific methods and engineering discipline to solve challenging problems and develop technology solutions. Our East Coast office is located in the heart of historic Princeton, NJ, and houses a team of talented professionals who focus on critical issues and initiatives related to business, finance, accounting, and operations.
As an employer, we are small, discreet, and highly selective. We look for exceptional people with proven track records of performance and achievement, and are far more interested in aptitude and potential than expertise in any particular tool set or professional domain. If you're inspired by the idea of working on interesting problems with great colleagues, we invite you to share your resume and explore the possibility of joining our team.
Candidates will be expected to live near our Princeton, NJ offices.
Applicants residing in California may find our CCPA notice to California residents.