- Work directly with the investment businesses to deliver a high-value, high-quality production environment.
- Work directly with the development teams across all corners of the stack to ensure smooth design and execution of all technical changes.
- Work directly with the operational teams to implement software solutions which encourage a safe release and maintenance process.
- Work directly with the product management teams to enhance the autonomy of the workflow, from source → tracking → CI → CD.
- Become deeply familiar with the equities software suite, owning the operational landscape: monitoring, usage, and performance.
- Drive the frontier for tech adoption within the organization, making data-driven decisions about product choices and trades.
- Identify and architect opportunities for automation.
- Connect different teams and solutions together as the umbrella to consolidate technology implementations across the company. This role has a lot of exposure - a fantastic opportunity to touch the larger surface area of the company.
- Aid in the growth of the DevOps culture within this new and exciting technologist space, both individually and across the other teams!
- Comprehension of language tooling, from package management (Conda, Yarn) to build systems (CMake, Bazel). Monorepo experience a plus.
- Experience in system and configuration management (Ansible, Puppet, Terraform).
- Familiarity with frontend and backend development. End-to-end understanding of basic architectures, from MVC to SPAs>servers>databases.
- Fluency in SDLC and GitOps practices, from tracking (Git, Bitbucket, JIRA) to process (Agile, Scrum, Kanban) to full CI/CD (Bamboo, Jenkins, GitLab).
- Previous experience in software testing: any of static analysis, unit tests, integration tests, end-to-end tests.
- Understanding of ops responsibilities: SLAs, on-call rotations, Service Desk, Pagerduty.
- Grasp on virtualization (Docker) and orchestration (Kubernetes).
- Prior usage of a monitoring platform (Splunk, Datadog, Grafana).
- Awareness of the tech landscape, enabling the proper trade of new cloud technologies. Previous AWS or GCP experience a plus.
- Crossplatform competence.
- Entrepreneurial decision-making. Experience taking calculated risks in the balance of product and schedule pressure.
- Ownership. Willingness to become the CEO of all tools you touch, and the grit to seek any knowledge that is required to get there.
- Problem-solving curiosity. Production support requires discernment - the curious almost always prevail in these situations.
- Passion for the proper - the keen eye to recognize a flaw, propose an alternative, implement the fix, and deploy it without abrasion to existing users.
- Written and verbal communication skills, with not only technologists/developers but finance/business disciplines as well.