This role requires strong technical skills, uncommon reliability, experience working with data, and the willingness to do what it takes to support large-scale production systems. It’s an exciting, challenging, and rewarding role that provides clear opportunities to contribute to the success of an exceptional organization.
In addition to building software and working with data, the successful candidate will work closely with our research team and is likely to interact with a variety of external resources such as data providers, brokers, dealers, and software vendors.
To be considered for this role, you will need to demonstrate expertise in a number of the following general areas:
- Programming: experience developing data management tools and/or applications using languages such as Java, Python, Go, or C/C++
- System tools: experience with scripting languages (Perl, Python, shell scripts, etc.), and Unix-based operating systems (especially Linux)
- Production support - willingness and ability to support large, complex production systems in an on-call or rotational capacity
- Analysis of large data sets: experience developing programs to parse, process, analyze, and comprehend large data sets
- Applications: experience designing, developing, and maintaining software applications, tools, and systems
- Vendor interaction: working with external resources to solve problems, acquire data, and improve relationships
- Financial data: familiarity with financial terms and experience working with data from a variety of vendors and sources