As a member of our technical staff, you’ll be working on our cloud-based systems that ingest a wide variety of data, run advanced machine learning algorithms on that data, use data science techniques to discover trends and detect anomalies, and allow users to ask questions and get answers – and do it all at scale with ever-increasing amounts of data.
We value experienced engineers who already have a breadth of experience in multiple areas -- databases, devops, machine learning, API design, and more -- and are eager to learn new areas and new technologies.
If all this sounds interesting to you, we’d love to meet you.
This position will be based in our Arlington, Virginia office but may require some work at customer sites in the DC area. Occasional travel to corporate headquarters in Palo Alto, California may be required.
This position requires US citizenship (clearance eligible), prefers active TS/SCI clearance
- Participate in, and possibly lead, all technical aspects of a project, from customer needs assessments and technical requirements to software architecture and implementation to deployment and maintenance
- Participate in customer meetings to present and discuss technical plans and milestones
- Collaborate with others across the company, such as our machine learning or devops teams, and with other partner organizations
- Provide software design and perform software implementation for enterprise-scale, mission-critical, production software in areas such as web services, databases, user interfaces, user management, API design, and more
- Participate in, and possibly lead, small and tactical development teams using agile development principles, including release planning, sprint planning, product and sprint backlog grooming, and standups
- Requires US citizenship (clearance eligible), prefers active TS/SCI clearance
- BS or MS degree, or equivalent experience in a quantitative field (physics, mathematics, bioinformatics, computer science, operations research, etc.)
- 3+ years of experience as a software developer on enterprise-scale software projects
- 3+ years of experience of commercial or other production-level software projects
- Some experience with one or more of the following: data science, machine learning, computer vision, geospatial workflows, image processing, security/IA assessment
- Dedication to continuous integration and automated testing
- Hands-on, production experience with cloud-based systems using AWS or Azure
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes strongly preferred
- Experience working within C2S or similar classified networks
- Excellent communication and mentoring skills
- Strong background in agile, and ability to mentor others in its use a major plus