Striving to keep the dream of home ownership alive is our goal and we’ll need a great team behind us. (That’s where you come in.) We want to show the world that transparency, candor and collaboration aren’t just good values: they’re good business. Working here isn’t for people who want to punch a clock, it’s for people who want to punch a hole in the status quo. Join us and make a difference instead of just a living.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- The Underwriter role is responsible for analyzing highly complex financial and credit information according to internal underwriting standards, investor guidelines, and federal regulations
- Underwrites a wide variety of product and loan types with a higher aggregate credit exposure including underwriting exceptions not determined through DU.
- Compile, analyze, and document loan data and credit risk, borrower and property information.
- May review more complex loans requiring exceptions.
- Responsible for providing strong and clear communication to processors, underwriters, mortgage professionals and borrowers regarding documents needed for mortgage loan files to ensure quick turnaround time.
- Provide training and assistance to Underwriters I and Underwriters II to assist with performance improvement and developmental opportunities.
- Adheres to all applicable internal NPI policies and procedures, and protects the confidentiality of borrower information.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Graduation from a 4-years college or university with major course work in a discipline related to the requirements of the position is ideal. Will consider the equivalent combination of job experience and education that demonstrates the ability to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Advanced analysis skills in the areas of credit, layered risk, and income.
- Ability to underwriting loans at a national level and in all markets.
- FHA - Direct Endorsement (DE) designation not required but desired
- Basic computer skills required. Experience with word processing beneficial. Prefer experience with TMO.
- Minimum of 5 years mortgage underwriting or lending experience
- Jumbo loan experience a huge PLUS ++
We are committed to nurturing a diverse and inclusive environment where every employee is empowered to be their authentic self. We know that a large part of our success as a business is directly tied to our ongoing efforts to attract and retain diverse talent and maintain an inclusive environment where each employee can thrive. Embracing and leveraging diversity through an inclusive work environment fosters new ideas, new insights, and constant innovation. We strive to weave the principles of diversity and inclusion throughout the fabric of how we work, how we interact, and how we engage with our customers and the community.