About the Position
We are looking for a highly-driven Technical Project Manager who can provide organization and coordination support for our engineering initiatives. Technology is core to our business, and this role is an opportunity to work alongside our engineers as we build and optimize the firm’s trading connectivity around the world.
You’ll draw from your technical background on a daily basis, leading projects through their entire lifecycle, including defining goals, developing timelines, tracking milestones, managing developer time, identifying risks, and coordinating with related teams. You’ll also communicate project schedules, priorities, and status updates to the larger organization.
Strong communication skills and the ability to manage competing priorities will be necessary to collaborate across a wide range of teams in the organization —including developers, business teams, operations, support—as well as with external financial entities, to make sure each project is delivered on time and meets or exceeds stated goals and expectations.
We operate in a flexible problem-solving environment that encourages people to think outside the box when developing processes and tools for the project at hand. The person in this role needs to be a strategic thinker who considers the goals of the group and project when problem solving.
This role sits within the firm’s technology group which designs, deploys, and supports all of the infrastructure that underpins our trading activities. The scope of our systems is large, and you'll gain insight into a broad cross section of the global market as you work to improve them. To succeed in this role, you must enjoy working independently on small teams, learning on the fly, and making decisions that have a real and immediate impact on the firm.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, or other technical field is preferred. However we're also excited to talk to people who have picked up technical know-how through industry experience.
- 3+ of project management experience in a technical environment.
- Experience managing software development projects.
- Experience with project management planning tools (i.e., Jira, spreadsheets).
- Ability to describe detailed problems with brevity and accuracy.
- Ability to handle competing priorities and to work effectively in a challenging and fast-paced environment.
- Organized with strong time management skills.